Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  17+ years of IT support
61870206

Transferred my photos from PC using USB flash drive to my new

Transferred my photos from PC using USB flash drive to my new Macbook air. When i try to make a screensaver folder or do anything with the photos i get message "the volume for pic 1234JPG cannot be found.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Hazel

Thank you for asking your question today. First, you need to make sure that you moved all of the photos in your Pictures folder located in Finder (smiley face icon in Dock) > Pictures (left column).

When you transferred the photos to your Mac, you need to open iPhoto and import them, if not done automatically. In iPhoto, choose File > Import to Library, then select the photos you want to import and click Import.

If that does not resolve your problem, try the following steps:

1. If iPhoto is open, quit it by pressing Command - Q keys or select iPhoto (from menubar) > Quit iPhoto.
2. Hold down the Option and Command keys while you open iPhoto (click the iPhoto icon in the Dock).
3. Click Rebuild Database to examine and rebuild the iPhoto photo library.
4. Click Repair.

Afterwards, try creating the screensaver folder you want.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns. If you have no additional questions please remember to RATE/ACCEPT my service before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried all you suggested, with no result. The photos are not in Finder -Pictures. When I transferred the photos from my PC they went straight into IPhoto and didn't show up in Finder.

More help please.

Thanks

Hazel

I suggest you copy the pictures from your PC into the Pictures folder on your Mac. Afterwards, import the pictures in the Pictures folder into iPhoto. This will make sure that there is an actual copy of the picture on your computer. It's possible something went wrong on the iPhoto transfer.