DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications

I cannot figure out how to connect my macbook pro to my coby

I cannot figure out how to connect my macbook pro to my coby flat screen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried pressing the command+f1 key yet?
Also make sure that your TV is set to the correct HDMI input as some TVs have more than 1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried both, no luck. when I pressed the command , f1 , my lap top screen went blue for a second then back to my desktop. tv scree is black with a "no signal" thing floating around

Try a PRAM reset next, I have to do this often when switching monitors

Resetting the PRAM
You reset the PRAM by rebooting a Mac and then immediately hold down the Command+Option+P+R keys, you will then hear the Mac reboot sound again, signifying your PRAM has been reset. You must hit the key combination before the grey screen appears otherwise it won’t work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, still no luck. Did the pram thing before the gray screen, nothing. the only thing I noticed is when I went to system preferences under "displays" the heading has the model of the T.V. up there . if I unplug, it goes away. When I click on "sound" under system preferences, under "output" my device does not show up which would allow me to click on the device. The TV, "LED 3217" appears only as a heading under "display". This is crazy! I just bought the tv and the cables so they cant be outdated.

Do you notice on the top right of the Macbook display something that looks like a little monitor? The default output might be set to high. You may need to check off "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available"
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience: 4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications