DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications
66806038

I think I messed up my Internet settings on my MacBook Pro.

I think I messed up my Internet settings on my MacBook Pro. I can access the Internet on my iPhone and ipad and windows pc. My mac however says that it is not connecting at all.

DaniBigApple :

Hello, Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting to the internet. Do you know the password XXXXX your modem/router?

DaniBigApple :

Navigate to the apple on the top left corner, click that then choose system preferences. After that you will see "Network" on the 3rd column down. On the top where you see location choose the arrow on the right side and will give you an option to "Edit Locations" Choose the plus sign on the bottom left and name it new. You then choose WIFI on the left side and search for your router under network name and enter the password

DaniBigApple :

We are creating a new network location in order to see if something is corrupt in your laptops setting at this moment.

Customer: Ok That seems to have worked
Customer: So do I want to delete the other one?
DaniBigApple :

Yes you can do that. You will eventually need to ass other networks you may have had saved.

Customer: Thank you :-)
DaniBigApple :

There was a corruption in that profile someplace causing it not to connect.

DaniBigApple :

No problem , my pleasure!