Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have a ipad 64 gig and a Targus akb32us wireless keyboard.

I have a ipad 64 gig and a Targus akb32us wireless keyboard. I have looked at directions and turned on the targus pressed the connection.....instructions say I will see something on the ipad.....I don't know where to look on the ipad and haven't seen anything on the ipad. I have the ipad connected to wall outlet, and the keyboard is sitting next to ipad.
I am doing something incorrectly?
P.S. I am close to the Comcast router. The ipad is working to check email etc. I also have a Verizon "jetpack" for a wireless connection if needed
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

The keyboard is Bluetooth and does not use wireless to connect even though it says wireless.

Go into the iPads Settings/Bluetooth and turn it to ON. With the keyboard in Discovery mode it will appear similar to this.
graphic

Try that and let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are you still with me...................

I still have the not paired.....

I refreshed the discovery mode just now

This should help.

iPad iOS 6.x

Look on page 27.

graphic

And on page 32.

graphic

That is how it is done.

That help?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is still not paired......

I did review your two pages for info...

I am not sure where the Tagus passcode would be the instructions for Targus say enter pass code on keyboard will I see the passcode on the ipad or ??

Since the devices are still pairing for the last 15 minutes....I powered off the ipad and started over

Still no pairing

Suggestions?

Get the iPad looking. Then press the connection button to enable Discovery mode, the light will blink.
Now watch the iPad Bluetooth device list, it should appear. Tap it and a prompt to enter a passcode. You enter that on the Targus keyboard, press Enter.
Now it all should be good.

Yes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will see the device list in the bluetooth area or where

graphic
There.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think I got it figured out

I was not tapping the bluetooth icon to get the pass code, which I have now done.........

Now I need to use the keyboard....

I am trying to figure out how to use the wireless keyboard

Can you stay tuned for inevitable questions

I can and will, did you enter the passcode into the keyboard? That is necessary for this to work.
I do not have the Targus but I do have and use a Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad.