Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I download photos from Galaxy 100 to my Mac

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Could you please tell me the exact model of your Galaxy device ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Samsung Galaxy 100

Are you sure that is the model number ? Can you recheck the model number ?

I'm asking because I can't find a device named Samsung Galaxy 100
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

EK-GC100

Thanks. That is the Samsung Galaxy Camera CG100

You can download anything from your Galaxy Camera to your PC or vice versa using the Samsung Kies application. Download and install Samsung Kies on your Mac from here : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201302/20130225165326104/KiesMac_2.0.0.13023_10_1.dmg

If you can't download it from the above link, then download and install it from here : http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

Install Kies and connect your Camera to your Mac with the USB Cable. Open Kies and Kies will recognize your Camera. Then it wil show it in the left column and you can download the pictures or videos from there to your Mac.

You can also use the Mac's iPhoto application to download photos from your Camera. Open iPhoto from Applications folder and connect your camera to your Mac. iPhoto will recognize it automatically and allow you to download the photos.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can conitue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried that already and did not work.

Sorry for the delay, lost the internet connection here. At which step do you have problem ?

Doesn't Kies recognize your Galaxy Camera ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have on my desktop

KiesMac_2.0.0.

1302....1.dmg
Did you installed Kies application after downloading it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not an expert on doing that... what did I missed

I'll help you with that. You have only downloaded the installation dmg file. You have to install the Kies application. Double click on the dmg file on your desktop and what do you see on the screen now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

an open box figure and under it : kies20mac-9999.pkg

and on the side a blue bag figure and under it

Uninstall

You are on the right track. Double click on the kies20mac-9999.pkg icon and the installer will run. Now follow the onscreen instructions to install Kies. After installing, goto your Applications folder and you can find the Kies application there. Open it and please let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK! The installation was successful but I have to restart my computer to finish it. After I do that will I still be connected with you?

regards,

Eduardo

Yes, but add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites. So you can get back to me directly after restarting your Mac via that bookmark.

To add a bookmark, click on Bookmarks menu and select Add Bookmark

Or you can note down the link of this page to get back to me.

Best Regards,
Hi Eduardo,
Thanks so much for the Rating and Bonus. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still have trouble for down loading my photos to the computer desk.

All the have cameras that I have when connected to the USB input always appears a hard disk symbol( with all the photos on its memory) but with this camera when connected to the USB input nothing happens!

Hi Eduardo,
Your Galaxy Camera is running Android OS and doesn't have the Mass Storage Mode feature. Your other cameras have the Mass Storage Mode feature. That is why they appear like hard drive.

What happens when you connect the Camera to your Mac and open Kies ? Doesn't Kies recognize your Galaxy Camera ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is a place that say : Please connect a device and when I open it does not have a camera choice.

In other place ¨photos¨when I click it : No photos found

You can add photos to library for easy management.

Use the ¨Add¨ photos button to add photos to your computer automatically or drag & drop photos files here to add them.

I tried that one and did not work.

It seems like your Mac is unable to communicate with your Camera. Goto your Macintosh HD > Applications folder and open the Image Capture application. Then connect the Camera to your Mac and does the Image Capture application recognize your Camera ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are right.... It does not recognize it!

Now what can I do?

Can you try different USB Cable, also try different USB Port ?

Also, when you connect does your Camera makes any sounds ? Does a USB icon appear on the notification bar on the Camera ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The camera does not make any sounds and the USB icon does not appears on the camera screen.

That means that your Camera is not even talking with your Mac. It is not registering that it is connected to your Mac. Did you tried connecting with different USB Cable/Port ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I tried another port.

Do you have access to another computer, just to test ? That will tell us whether the problem is with your Mac or with your Galaxy Camera
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not now. I will have to wait until monday. I have my other Mac at my office.

Ok, but now I've another suggestion. We can connect your Camera to your Mac (Kies) via Wireless. Should we try that now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid that I do not have a wireless system. So I guess that we have to wait until tomorrow.

regards,

Eduardo

Don't you have a Wireless router on your home ?

If not, we can continue tomorrow. Please let me know if you are able to connect your Camera to the Office Mac. If it is connected your Camera will make some sound and also it will show a small USB like icon on the Notification or Status bar, like in the sample picture below;

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

We can conintue tomorrow. Make sure you save the bookmark of this page to get back to me later.

Best Regards,
Don't forget to install and try Kies on other Mac. Kies is the Official software from Samsung that is used to connect your Camera to your Mac.

Try Image Capture too on the other Mac.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My computer is OK... The USB input is OK. Yesterday I solved my problem. The problem is to know how to program the so complicated Galaxy camera. I am 77 years old and I like very much the photografy as a hobby.

Many thanks for your valueable help!

regards,

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,
I'm glad you sorted it out. If you need any help from me, please let me know. Have a great day :)

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,