Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

Good morning, this is probably e very unusual question and

Good morning, this is probably e very unusual question and quite trivial but could you please guide me on how to type a formal letter in large letters, in other words, I would like to enlarge the existing type.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist : Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.
Appleologist : So I can better assist you, I will need additional information. Which word processor are you using?
Customer:

Macbook snow leopard

Appleologist :

Yes, which application are you using to type your letter? Pages or MS word?

Customer:

I'm not, this is the reason for my question, I have no idea where to start!

Appleologist :

In your question description you mentioned you would like to enlarge the text of an existing type. Where is that letter?

Customer:

For instance; I tried typing a letter on my email page and tried to enlarge the font which is set at 10 but will not move to 12 or 14 as I would like and don't know how else to change it.

Appleologist :

Oh ok so you are referring to sending a letter via email. Thanks for the additional information. Is your email currently open?

Customer:

yes I think so, but that's not what I'm looking for....I really would like to know where I start to write a formal letter and to make the print larger than normal, not in capitals obviously which I'd thought of

Customer:

I also want to be able to print the letter afterwards

Appleologist :

It sounds like you are looking for a word processing software. You can purchase pages in the app store

Appleologist :

Or you can use text edit which comes with your computer, but is very basic

Customer:

No not really, surely I can write the odd letter without going to the expense of some thing that I don't need

Appleologist :

You can use text edit which comes with your mac.

Appleologist :

click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type text edit

Appleologist :

It is a basic word processing application that will allow you to type your letters and print them

Customer:

Ok I shall give it a whirl but what about enlarging the existing print?

Appleologist :

You can click on edit from the top menu and choose select all. Then select the correct font that you would like to enlarge it to

Appleologist :

It should look like this

Full Size Image

Customer:

Ok. thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can probably tell I'm still quite a novice learning all the time. I shall try!

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Its totally ok, learning is fun :)

Appleologist :

Would you like the text to always remain in 14 inch font?

Appleologist :

If so, I can assit you in changing the preferences?

Customer:

How do I do that?....oh dear here we go again

Appleologist :

Ha I promise it will be nice and easy

Customer:

Actually, sorry no I would like tot be able to go back to the orginal

Appleologist :

Within the mail application choose mail from the top menu bar and then select preferences

Appleologist :

Ok thats ok, Choose edit and select all again. Then change it back to a smaller font

Customer:

i'm taking note anyway

Appleologist :

You can always change the entire text by highlighting it first and then changing the font size

Customer:

Marvellous...would you believe I'm doing this as a favour for someone who cannot read very well, I think that's all thank you again

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Customer:

you too

Appleologist :

You can now go ahead and rate my service and end the Chat. You can also get back to me anytime you want even after rating at http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-michelleblack/. E

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.