Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Hi There my IPAD has had trouble connection to all Wi-Fi in

Hi There my IPAD has had trouble connection to all Wi-Fi in my house and other places.

All my laptops & iPhones work on my router wi-fi. Ipad is only 8 months old.

Tried all the normal stuff like resetting the router & ipad??

Do you have any ideas
Thanks

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So we can determine if there is a hardware issue with your iPad, you will need to restore your iPad to manufacture settings. Before we do that, you mentioned that you reset the iPad. Did you also reset the network settings?

Appleologist :

I see that you are offline right now. When you enter, reply to the chat and I will be notified

Customer: Hi I just reset the network settings, how do I reset the iPad please
Appleologist :

Go to settings, Click on general<reset and then choose erase all content and settings

Customer: It's just resetting now!!!
Appleologist :

Ok, when it boots back up, it will look just like it did when you set it up 8 months ago. When it gets to the wifi part, it will ask you to choose your network. Does your iPad see available networks? Or does it just not connect to it whenever you choose your network?

Customer: It's come to wi-fi and is asking me to connect to available networks. Mine is showing shall I try and connect to it
Appleologist :

Yes. If it is password XXXXX enter your password

Customer: It's saying the same as always "unable to join the network"
Appleologist :

Is your network password XXXXX?

Customer: Yes and I'm inputting it correctly
Appleologist :

Are there other networks without a lock on it?

Appleologist :

that are listed?

Customer: No all locked, my neighbours routers!
Appleologist :

Ok, we narrowed it down to two possibilities. Either you are not entering the correct password, or there is a hardware failure with your ipad. Is there another ipad or mac in the house hold that you can disconnect from the internet and re-connect entering your wireless password?

Appleologist :

Just to double check your password

Customer: I have three iPhones and have disconnected and re-connected and all work using this password
Appleologist :

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like there is indeed a hardware failure with your ipad. Since it is under one year, you can get it replaced. Where did you purchase your iPad?

Customer: Not sure it's a company purchase I'd assume Apple
Appleologist :

iPads are sold in other places other than Apple, luckily they track the warranty information by the serial number. I recommend going to your local apple store first. Here is the link to find the closets stores in UK. http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

Customer: Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX swap there and then or send it away
Appleologist :

They do the replacement there. To double check, they will at least try to connect to their apple store network first. If the issue still occurs (which it sounds like it will) they replace it in-house. If they need to order a new one, it will take about 3 days. To choose a time that works with your schedule, you can click on the blue reservation button at the upper right corner to book your appointment with the technicians

Customer: Thanks for trying
Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Best of luck