Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I can not connect to pandora on any browser on my imac running

Customer Question

I can not connect to pandora on any browser on my imac running osX 10.8.2. Turned off all firewalls, security pop-up blockers etc, still no joy. The desk top version works fine but it is not as customizable as the web based version. What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  derrickonline replied 1 year ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Have you tried a Safari Reset?

Choose Safari > Reset Safari.

• Deselect any items you don't want to reset:
  • Let me know if that doesn't work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Been there done that. Does not work on any of my imac browsers. Works fine on my HP, any browser

Let's try one other thing. Try grabbing the com.apple.Safari.plist and dragging it to your desktop.

First quit Safari and then look for the .plist

Go to --> Finder>Go ... then hold down the Option key and the Hidden Library will appear.

Click on Library>Preferences and then in the Spotlight window top right of
    that window copy and paste com.apple.Safari.plist into it. Once its found, drag
    the .plist to your desktop.

Now open Safari again and see if it still happens.

What should happen is when you open Safari again, a new .plist is
    created, so if that fixes it, drag the .plist from your desktop to the trash,
    and if it doesnt work you can do the same or put back the one you just dragged
    out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"com.apple.Safari.plist" not found, How would this help with the other browsers?

Did you make sure to hit the option key under finder so we could see the hidden library?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm not really new at this, but this pandora thing is driving me nuts. And again what about the other browsers. Firefox is my preference

I've exhausted my ideas, let me open this up to other experts to see if anyone else has an idea. Please standby.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
    Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=00d1d8b3-7d9e-446d-837d-7c862a0215ab&SUPPORT=NET

Instructions for running the remote application:
    - If you are using Internet Explorer, choose to RUN the application.
    - If you are using Firefox or Safari, please, open the Downloads window and double click the Elsinore... application. (FIREFOX: In the top menu bar, click TOOLS > DOWNLOADS) (SAFARI: In the top menu bar, click Window > Downloads
    - If you are using Google Chrome, please, click the Elsinore... button on the bottom left of your screen after it downloads.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jason, I had to down load java to open up the remote application, but still having problems. Firefox 20.00

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Please, run the link one more time, but this time, run it in Safari and not in Firefox.

Thank you.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still no go

<jnlp codebase="http://67.192.95.188:8040/">
    <information>
    <title>ScreenConnect Guest Client</title>
    <vendor>Elsinore Technologies Inc.</vendor>
    <icon href="Images/WebStartIcon.png"/>
    <icon kind="splash" href="Images/WebStartSplash.png"/>
    </information>
    <security>
    <all-permissions/>
    </security>
    <update check="always"/>
    <application-desc>
    <argument>?y=Guest&h=67.192.95.188&p=8041&k=BgIAAACkAABSU0ExAAgAAAEAAQAPXd%2BGWHTea1XQ4Fig5wMlUTu6G24vC2qgNx X3hUQqagBpag7Eqk5ke7MRQB3qM6EcCFyNhdxYijifFWDGy83gqNgvtcvvdLErp4yV5s6cBLjxP0g6nvGEdtioYn2aN8sVZK%2F05NXOLgZ3g35JmLyuzdgKeK5tU0qY5PFBVyfqDK8r8fElbjfReedUU%2BzlGFO3yljRvDr%2BdAL0Vsk1KDwpl13RVOv%2FQfnSkwofG%2BcwhcW%2Fuu0%2BxT3b2TFzeGAxL8wMECuz6yg4gs9P6kHGc4Mrmoegn26rShA8NQbzlxlXuL0RlUl8MsfzbzZa%2F3LQuIiFUSAMrfXDzhe2MeRgbzL9&a=ScreenConnect&s=00d1d8b3-7d9e-446d-837d-7c862a0215ab&t=sc_user20</argument>
    </application-desc>
    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.5+" initial-heap-size="32m" max-heap-size="512m"/>
    <jar href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
    <jar href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
    <jar href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
    <nativelib href="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"/>
    </resources>
    </jnlp>

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
    Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
    - Open Safari
    - In the top menu bar, click Safari
    - Click EMPTY CACHE (reset Safari)
    - Click the Empty button
    - In the top menu bar, click Safari again
    - Click Reset Safari
    -Come back to this page
    - Run the link once more.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nope still will not run

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
    I was hoping to remote in, but that is not working for some reason.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
    - Jason
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got a feeling these issues might be related, Have a good day

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    Do you have any security or virus software installed?
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, disabled all. Reinstalled mac OS. Tried different browsers. Using pandora desktop I got in from the back door, but I accidentally closed the window and now that method doesn't work

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No joy, but thinking about that got me to restart using the edrive from TechTools. In that mode I could log on....some progress. So it is something in my system

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Reinstall Mac OS X.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did that a while back, I'll try again. I've also started in the single user mode and a fsck_fy repair with no help. This might take a while...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    If you followed the directions below I gave you and all was OK you don't need to do all that again:

Open Keychain Access and go to Keychain First Aid and try to Repair
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

re installed os x (again) no helps. Going to try Tech Tools, but thanks anyway

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    Tech Tools does mostly the same thing as Disk Utiity no need for that make a new admin user on the computer and login to that account. Try Pandora again
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No luck. But while in the edrive pandora worked fine. ThechTools found no errors

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    How can you open a browser when booted to the edrive? I havn't used that in a while since the Recovery HD came out.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't know, it just worked. Safari was available as well as a few other applications. Everything else was not. ThechTools6

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    OK you said a new user account did not work right?
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. It did not work

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    Have you tried FireFox?
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Firefox is my primary browser. Tried Safari, Chrome and Opera. It's a system fault. FYI check the above that another expert could not remote log onto my system. And an odd ball issue, when trying to log into my daughters college site I get a timed out message. A clue?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    No not yet. Go to Macintosh HD / Library drag Internet plugins folder to the Desktop restart and reinstall Flash then try Safari
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do, fyi I backtracked and installed an older version of flash a while ago with no resuts

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    Not an older version the latest
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The older version did not work either, I've had the latest one installed for a while.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    You have to reinstall after you move that folder
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still no good. I have to go, will check in tomorrow. $25 bonus if answered tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, you must be scratching your head too.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
    What is the error exactly and what URL are you going to, I'll get back to you tomorrow. Yes It's driving me nuts too. LOL