Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

Hello, When I sometimes search for known songs on iTunes it

When I sometimes search for known songs on iTunes it only returns Podcast episodes and Podcasts... like for the song Mr. Saxobeat of Alexandra Stan... In that case I am not able to buy the song? if yes how do i get it?
thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

It sounds like you may be searching in the wrong area within itunes. Open itunes on your computer and click on itunes store in the left column. Type in Mr. Saxobeat in the search box. You can also select music in the upper menu bar to refine your search

Appleologist :

Here is an illustration to better assist you

Full Size Image

Appleologist :

If for some reason you are still unable to search for it, here is the direct link for both the album and the single
Album https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mr.-saxobeat/id470083764?i=470084490

Single https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mr.-saxobeat-radio-edit/id422931779?i=422931952

Appleologist :

Click on "View in itunes" If a box pops up, choose launch application

Customer:

hello you are here ?

Customer:

hello ?

Appleologist : Yes I am
Appleologist : Did you get the link I sent?
Appleologist : When you get back, reply to the chat and I will be notified
Customer:

Yes I got where the problem is... I have access to the Lebanese Store of my country... your link is for the US Store...

Customer:

I think there is no way I can buy from the US Store because they detect my IP for Apple ID registration

Appleologist : I'm sorry, that information was not included in your question. That is correct, you can only make purchases to the store that your iTunes account is registered to
Customer:

and i cannot register to the US Store :(

Customer:

am I correct ?

Customer:

it's weird how they do it

Appleologist : It depends on your billing information on your credit card. Is it a us address
Customer:

I tried to create a new apple ID ... they force Lebanon as country I cannot choose

Appleologist :

Oh so you do not currently have an apple ID is that correct?

Customer:

Customer:

I do have one for Lebanon

Appleologist :

Do you have a debit or credit card with a US billing address?

Customer:

No

Appleologist :

Ok, give me a min. I am going to change my itunes store to lebanon and see if it is listed there

Customer:

ok

Appleologist :

Ok, lets try this. Can you open itunes on your computer

Customer:

it is opened

Appleologist :

Choose store from the top menu and choose view account

Appleologist :

Type in your apple Id and password

Customer:

i did

Customer:

my account shows

Appleologist :

Under country/Region, choose change

Customer:

are you sure it is legal ? :)

Customer:

i have a credit card on the account

Appleologist :

Yes it is, its worth a shot. When I tried it, it said as long as iTunes is available in the country you are trying to change it to

Appleologist :

Choose the US store

Customer:

i did

Customer:

it's saying begin creating your ID

Customer:

as if I have to start from 0

Appleologist :

Is there a continue button in the bottom right corner

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Click on that

Appleologist :

Agree to the terms and conditions

Customer:

ok now it's displaying my billing info

Appleologist :

Ok, right above your billing info, it ask if the billing is not with US click here

Customer:

with United States as country

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i have to select a country

Appleologist :

Select your country Lebanon

Appleologist :

As the billing country

Customer:

ok i have to agree on the policies again

Customer:

but this time they are in arabic

Appleologist :

The whole store?

Customer:

Itune store and everything else yeah

Appleologist :

Ok, that does not sound right, can you go back to store and choose account

Customer:

ok i did so

Customer:

Lebanon is showing on country

Appleologist :

Click change again and choose US

Customer:

ok i am back on the terms and conditions

Customer:

i accept ?

Appleologist :

Yes

Customer:

in english

Appleologist :

Yes

Customer:

ok my billing address now ?

Customer:

i click here

Customer:

to change it

Appleologist :

no dont click here yet

Appleologist :

Instead, eneter your payement info

Appleologist :

This will tell you for sure if you can make purchases in the US store

Customer:

ok i did so

Appleologist :

Click next

Customer:

it is asking me for a US state

Appleologist :

Ok, that confirms what I mentioned to you earlier about needing a US billing credit card. Im sorry, you will not be able to download that song. Are you for sure that it is not available in the Lebonnon store?

Customer:

Yes... there is something called Podcast

Customer:

only

Customer:

no song shows

Customer:

what is a Podcast ?

Appleologist :

What about songs that you have downloaded before and know are there

Appleologist :

Have you tried to search for them

Customer:

yes i downloaded 9 today

Customer:

but there are songs... only podcast info show for

Customer:

i don't understand what this is

Customer:

podcast episode!

Appleologist :

I just searched for that artist in the itunes store for lebanon and it returned 0 results so it looks like it is not available

Customer:

yes it is not :(

Customer:

but what's the point

Appleologist :

Have you successfully downloaded songs from the same artist in the paste

Customer:

it's available in the US and not in Lebanon

Appleologist :

Past*

Appleologist :

Each country has different restrictions on content they want their users exposed to

Customer:

maybe because we don't have enough copyright laws here

Customer:

ok

Appleologist :

The US store always will always have more content available then other countries

Customer:

but can you tell me what is a podcast episode ?

Appleologist :

Sure, a podcast is basically is digital media that can be downloaded onto a device or viewed online. The digital media can be in the form of radio, video, audio etc.

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

one last thing

Appleologist :

Sure

Customer:

i just noticed on my account

Customer:

it says that purchased media can be viewed on 0 computer

Customer:

is it important ?

Appleologist :

Yes that is important. In order to play contents from your itunes account on different computers, you will need to authorize it first. Its a simple fix. Click on Store and choose Authorize computer

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

you're a top consultant !

Appleologist :

You are very welcome!! Awww thank you so much for your kind words

Customer:

ok have a great end of day

Appleologist :

Thanks you too :)

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.