Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have apple TV, It works like magic with the iphone, How can

I have apple TV, It works like magic with the iphone, How can I do the same thing with my Mac PC. I would like to play a video on the TV wirelessly, Just like the iphone does.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

Hi there. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10.7.5

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Could you please give me the hardware details of your Mac, including the serial number ?

Also, which model of Apple TV is this ? Apple TV 2 or 3 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Serial number?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. You have two options. Currently your Mac doesn't have the Airplay feature on it, like your iPhone. So either you can upgrade your Mac to the latest 10.8 Mountaion Lion to get the Airplay feature or you can use this application : http://airparrot.com/

Try the trial version of AirParrot before buying it. To upgrade to Mountaion Lion, goto App Store and you can buy Mountaion Lion and install it from there.

Please let me know what you think. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
HI there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help.

If you have not returned from an info request I sent out, please do so now so I can help you resolve this concern. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,