Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I am not able to boot my IMAC when I woke up this morning it

I am not able to boot my IMAC when I woke up this morning it was powered down, I pressed the power button and all I get is a white screen, I purchased the IMAC in mid 2011 I've tried most of the fixes I could find on the internet none of them worked the operating system is OS X I believe version 10.6 i have a wireless keyboard and mouse that came with it and a wireless lexmark printer.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

My answer will not fix it, you have a broken logic board. I do not know which part but it will require a hands on Apple tech to fix.
If you bought the Applecare protection plan then it will cost no more than the cost to get it to the Apple store.
If not it is still worth the trip, they are quite reasonable for pricing.

Wish I had an easier answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what causes a broken logic board?

Well Bob there are a lot of different reasons. It could be just a failed transistor, it could be due to a small power surge.
Sometimes they have parts that just make it past quality testing.
The only way to know for certain is to have it analyzed and that is very costly.
If there is not enough air circulation it can over heat and burn something, again that can be hard to find.
I have owned probably 100 computers (99% Macs) and have had several die for no apparent reason.
What that means is they are like everything else, they will, at some point, fail.

Does that help?
Apple has a good track record and very quick turn around.