comp_audio
comp_audio, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5+ years mac support experience ready to help you.

How to I find out what my Apple ID and password XXXXX Ive

How to I find out what my Apple ID and password XXXXX I've been having so much
trouble setting up my Facebook, and changed them so many times, I don't know
where I am.
Category: Mac
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.

comp_audio :

comp_audio :

Can you tell me if you have went to itunes.com and if you can login there?

Customer:

no i have not

comp_audio :

Please try that, and if you cannot remember your password, click on the "forgot password" button there and it should walk you through changing it.

comp_audio :

Try that and let me know.

Customer:

Where in Itunes does it ask for anything. I'm not interested in music

Customer:

Am I or am I not getting an aswer. I will not pay for this service again.

comp_audio :

I am sorry, I had to step away for a moment.

comp_audio :

I understand your not interested in music, however you need to login or attempt to login in order to have your id and or password XXXXX

Customer:

Where do I log in I tunes?

comp_audio :

Please remove the BAD rating.

Customer:

Until I get better service, I will not.

comp_audio :

I am sorry but I will not continue to work with you. I am going to opt out, and let another expert assist you. I would have hoped you would have a little patience. You replied, and while I was composing the instructions you needed you rated my service as BAD, not even 5 minutes had gone by. I wish you luck going forward, and hope that someone will assist you.

Customer:

How can I go into Itunes, if I don't know my apple id or password?

comp_audio :

Hello, since no other expert decided to assist you, I will try again, but please do have a little patience and I will be able to get your question answered. Agreed?

Customer:

Agreed.....sorry I seemed impatient, but I have been sitting here a long time.

comp_audio :

Ok, just an fyi - when working online for support it is very time consuming, and sometimes it takes a minute to type things out instead of simply speaking them, or doing them ourselves.

Customer:

Understood

comp_audio :

And try not to rate an expert so quickly, as there are so many questions out here to work on, that sometimes it seems easier to simply move to another question instead if spending time and then getting rated poorly for no fault of our own. But now on to your question.....

Customer:

Understood...again my apologies

comp_audio :

Thanks, accepted.

comp_audio :

Ok, is this on a iphone or ipad?

Customer:

my computer

comp_audio :

Ok, what is your windows operating system?

Customer:

Windows XP i believe

comp_audio :

The question refers to Apple ID and password, and then in the next sentence you mention Facebook. So are we talking about 2 different questions and accounts?

Customer:

Well, I want my Facebook in my Apple Ipad....

comp_audio :

Also your product description is listed as ipad? So lets get some things figured out.
Are you trying to get your ipad to sync with your pc?

Customer:

Yes, I guess that is what I expected

comp_audio :

Ah, so your trying to add the facebook app to your ipad, and the ipad (apple id) is asking for your password XXXXX order to install it.. Right?

Customer:

Correct....that is where my problem is....it always tells me my password XXXXX XXXXX Then I decided maybe my ID was incorrect, which is why I am asking what they are.

comp_audio :

okay, give me a minute and I will post some links to sites that will help you out and get your id and password XXXXX care of. Okay?

Customer:

Sounds good to me.

comp_audio :

Thanks

comp_audio :

This link is to recover your Apple ID. Recover Apple ID
This link is to reset a password XXXXX you know your Apple ID. Password XXXXX

P
lease try these out in order and let me know if you need further assistance.

comp_audio :

Again I appreciate your patience.

Customer:

Do I do these on my computer, or where. Sorry I sound so dumb.

comp_audio :

Not at all, there is never a question that should not be asked. Yes, you should do these on your computer.

comp_audio :

Are you on your computer now?

Customer:

yes

comp_audio :

Good, then just click on the links that have the underlines and they should open the page that is needed.

Customer:

Shall I do that while you are on, or are we thru?

comp_audio :

No, I will remain here. Go ahead and do it now.

comp_audio :

If for some reason it shows me as off the chat session, simply send me a message and I will rejoin this session. Okay?

Customer:

I have only one email address. and it won't take it because it is already in use

Customer:

Must bebecause I used it when I set up my e mail account

Customer:

Is there anyway we can just cancel all my prior information on Ipad and start all over

Customer:

like a new customer?

comp_audio :

You could if you like.

Customer:

Lets do it. I wish there would have been some kind of instruction book with the I pad

comp_audio :

If you want I can send you the instructions on how to restore it to factory settings. Then you simply just start it over.

comp_audio :

I agree. I wish companies would go back to that.

Customer: Sounds great
comp_audio :

Hold on while I get these ready for you. Would it help if I get a user manual and put it in a pdf file, and that way you could print it out of you like?

Customer:

Now you got me...what is a pdf file

comp_audio :

LOL, it is a file that Adobe Reader uses. I will just send you a link to it and it should open up. Please hold on a minute.

comp_audio :

Please tell me which flavor of IPad do you have? Ipad 1,2, or 3?

Customer:

It is the newest one....3?

comp_audio :

Nice, now I am jealous.

Customer:

Thanks

comp_audio :

Do you have Microsoft Word on your PC?

Customer:

Is that where i make my documents? I am really illiterate

comp_audio :

Yes

comp_audio :

it is, when you open a document, it should show a screen telling you what it is.

Customer:

Then I have it. But it don't know for sure that it is microsoft

comp_audio :

Go ahead and open a document and I will walk you through finding out. The reason I need to know is because I can format the instruction manual to word, or a pdf. Or I can leave it online too. Its your choice really.

Customer:

Lets leave it online.

comp_audio :

ok, give me a minute then.

comp_audio :

I want to make sure you understand that by resetting it to factory settings anything you have installed or saved on it will be gone. It will be as though you just took it out of the box. Okay?

Customer:

Yes, that sounds like the best solution for me.

comp_audio :

ok, be right back with the link

comp_audio :

Here you go. This is the procedure for resetting your IPAD to factory settings. Just follow through the instructions and then click continue after each step and it will get it done.
CLICK HERE

Customer:

I think Ive done it.

Customer:

I clicked on continue two times.....the third screen didn't have a continue that i could find

comp_audio :

That is okay. I think there are only 3 screens

Customer:

And I did it twice...as instructed

comp_audio :

That is good, doing things twice, makes sure it is factory for sure... LOL

Customer:

Are we through

comp_audio :

Yes, now all you have to do is to go through the same procedure you did when you got the ipad new, and setup your new id etc. Any other questions from you?

Customer:

No thank you. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but I really appreciate

Customer:

all the help. And I changed your rating. I truly appreciate all you have done for me.

Customer:

Over and out.

comp_audio :

Thank you very much. Have a great day! Glad we got things figured out too.

comp_audio :

Hello, I am sorry to bother you again, but it does not appear that you changed my rating yet, nor accepted my answer. Could you please check that and redo it again to verify it? Thanks again, and I will be here if you need. Thanks

comp_audio, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 5+ years mac support experience ready to help you.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 year ago.
It was my greatest pleasure to assist you with your question today. If you ever need more help feel free to come back and ask for me, "pctech". Thank you again.
Sincerely,
Matt B.