Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

I JUST BOUGHT A MAC and I am trying to upload pictures to an

I JUST BOUGHT A MAC and I am trying to upload pictures to an online website and I cant find the file.....I ca see the pictures in iphoto but I can't find them when I am browsing the files....can you help

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

You do have a few options to upload your photo. You can drag the photo from iphoto onto the desktop and upload them that way. If your photos were imported into iphoto, to see the individual files, you will need to go to your picture folder, right click on iphoto library to show package contents. How were your photos transferred into iphoto?

Customer:

i dont know how I got them there....from my camera card somehow...i just got mac....and its cool but difficult for me....

Customer:

if I drag them to desktop can I delete them from there or do I have to bring them back to iphoto if i want to keep them

Appleologist :

You can defiantly delete them there and they will not be deleted from iphoto

Appleologist :

If you are uploading to facebook, twitter or flicker, you can upload them directly from iphoto

Customer:

i'm uploading them to auctiva...which is a program to do ebay listings

Appleologist :

Ok then you are defiantly going to have to drag them to the desktop first. I hope that is not too much of an inconvenience for you

Appleologist :

If for some reason you do not want to do that. Your second option is to reveal in finder

Customer:

no ....it's not....i just tried to drag them there but I still don't see them...

Appleologist :

Did you drag them to the desktop?

Customer:

i did....i dragged them there and saw the green light....but I don't see them there

Appleologist :

Open finder (click on the happy face icon in the dock) and click on desktop in the left column. It will list it as a line item so it will be easier to see it. your browser screen may be in the way

Customer:

i saw one pic.....i tried to drag 11

Customer:

is there a better way for me to upload them off a camera card?

Customer:

ok....if I drag 1 at a time ....I see them

Appleologist :

You may have only highlighted one. Make sure all 11 have a yellow highlighted.

Customer:

i did

Customer:

there has to be an easier way

Appleologist :

Your other option is to select all 11 pictures, choose file in the top menu and then choose export. It will export all of them to the desktop

Customer:

ok....i figured that out...thanks....is there an easier way to do this....i frequently upload pics from a camera card where i crop etc then uplaod to a website....is there a place i can uplaod them to?

Appleologist :

You can always create folders within your picture folder in finder to store them when you are done editing and cropping. That way when you need them, they will all be in one place.

Customer:

but how do I get them there off the camera card.....i created several folders...but again...I dont see them when I browse from the web application.

Appleologist :

Is the camera card currently connected to your computer?

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Open finder. In the left column under devices, do you see your camera card?

Customer:

yes....it says remote disc..that must be it...but I see no files

Appleologist :

No that will not be it. Remote disk is standard. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in image capture

Customer:

i reinserted it and now I see it

Appleologist :

Ok good. now when you click on it, you will see all of your photos. From there you can place them wherever you want them

Customer:

very cool...thanks a lot!! i will play around with it...I am sure it takes some time to learn...one more quick question....my keyboard lights up when my monitor is at different angles.....can I adjust this setting...

Appleologist :

Your keyboard should light up when it senses the room is dark. Do you want to lower the brightness on your keyboard?

Customer:

i work a lot late at night in bed and when I adjust the monitor to a comfortable place the keyboard shuts off....because of the light from the monitor....no biggie

Customer:

i was just wondering if there is a way I can keep it on

Appleologist :

If you press F6, that will brighten it. Then if you go to settings (click on apple logo in the upper left corner and choose system preferences) Click on energy saver. Where it says computer sleep, drag it to never or where you want it

Appleologist :

this will keep the monitor from going black

Customer:

thanks....I appreciate your help.