Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

Customer Question

How do i clear google history on my iPad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information from you. Are you interested in clearing google history from Safari or Google chrome app?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

need to clear google bar

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kim,
Im sorry, we were experiencing some issues with our site. To clear your google history, go to settings on your iPad, click on safari and then choose clear history. Please let me know if that is what you were looking for. Are you using Safari?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but it is not Safari. when you tap to google all the past searches come up. i know how to clear safari history

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Ok I understand, you want to clear all website data. Within safari settings again, Click on advance (All the way at the bottom). Click on website data and then choose Remove all Website data
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did not work!!!! my safari page on the ipad, all the way to the right, click to google something and all past google searches appear!!!! i want to clear them!!

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Ok I 100% understand you now I promise. Sorry for the confusion :) Ok within the safari app itself, Click on the book in the upper left corner. At the bottom menu bar, you will see a clock. That is the history tab. Click on clear history in the upper right corner
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if you have trouble finding that icon and I will walk you through
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
If you are running an older version of iOS, on your ipad. Open safari, click on the book icon in the upper right corner. You will see history. Then choose to clear history.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Thanks a lot for posting your Query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

1. Visit your Web History page at or click the gear icon on the upper right corner of a search results page, and go to Search history.
  2. Select any items you don't want and click the Remove items button.

If you’d like to prevent your future web activity from being stored, turn off your Google Web History by following below steps.

1. Click the gear icon on the upper right corner of a search results page, and go to Search history.
  2. Click the gear icon again on the upper corner of the Web History page, and go to Settings.
  3. Click the Turn off button next to "Web History is on." To start keeping track of your web search activity again, click the Turn on button.