Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

I am trying to download new apps but the iPad does not seem

I am trying to download new apps but the iPad does not seem to recognize my email address i.e. my Apple ID no matter which one I use - the registered one [email protected] IT also fails to recgnize my birth date and no matter what Pass word I have which I recorded when we registered the ipad (which was a gift it) will not recognize any of them. Can we start over and re- register from the start to correct the problem or what should I do. I enjoy the iPad and this is frustrating.

Joe Prezio

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

If you want to start over you can create a new Apple ID. However it will have to be associated with a different email from the one already registered with Apple.

Any apps you have purchased will also not be accessible with the new Apple ID. Any apps purchase remain associated to the Apple ID they were purchased with.

Do you want to continue with a new Apple ID?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why not just look up my info........see if my brth date is correct, confirm my Apple ID and the Password XXXXX should be using. This mornng I received notice that my attempt to change my password XXXXX successful but when I tried it it did not work....hence call for help a few minnutes ago.

Try to see if you can reset the password XXXXX the link provided. You will need to either answer the security questions or have access to the alternate email on file. Many times when a user is setting up there account they don't properly setup the reset options or fill out the date. That is why it may not be taking your DOB.

Click here>>>Apple ID Reset

If you are still unable to reset your only alternative solution is to speak with Apple Support to a customer support rep. They will have to validate your identity through billing info to give you access to your account.

Use the link provided below, select "More Services & Products" last selection. Next window select Apple ID. On the next window select the first option "iTunes Store, Mac Store". Then select Forgotten Apple ID security, click on Continue fill out the info in the window. You will be given a case number XXXXX Apple rep will call you at the number you provide.

Click here>>>Apple Support

Please reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None of it works..............give me a phone number to call for phone support. The Apple Support listed above leads me nowhere

Thank you

Joe Prezio

You can contact Apple at the following number:1-800-275-2273

However the link I had provided you before is for express lane. They call you pretty quickly and have a understanding of your issue.

Calling the number above will take longer and they have to transfer you to the correct department.

Let me know if you have any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Apple Support site youy supplied to click here does NOT respond

Strange maybe your firewall is blocking the link.

Here is the URL copy or type it into your browser:

Let me know how you make out.
Hi Joseph,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing has does not recognize my birthday and constantly refers me back to an email that starts the whole process over again. No success in getting anyone technical to help me. So I am stuck with my apple ID as [email protected] with 4 passwords that do not work, a birthday that can not be recognized and therefore unable to download any new apps. Other than that I am functioning on my iPad. It is too bad we can not resolve this NOW

Joe Prezio

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have received no response yet to my earlier statement sent at 5:40 PM 06 March 2013

Hi Joseph,

Sorry to hear your issue has not been resolved.

Have you spoken to Apple Support over the phone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No................I keep getting put on waiting and I can not stay on the phone all day.

Why can we not solve this NOW or at least get somebody to respond to me by giving me a number I can call directly without sitting here all night waiting to be listened to. Better yet take my phone nu,ber and have them call me 941 223-2917

Thanks for your are very supportie.

Joe Preziuo

I am not a direct employee of Apple so I don't have access to your account to reset your password. I am computer expert on

Unfortunately the only way to reset your password is through Apple support. Your other resort would try going to a local apple store if you there is one near you for support.