Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

Hi. I have a new ipad and I have a message appearing that my

Hi. I have a new ipad and I have a message appearing that my ipad hasn't been backed up for a while. I hit the ok button and it won't go away. I can't even shut the ipad done because the presence of the message blocks any other action.

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

How do you backup your iPad to iCloud?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. It's not backed up to iCloud.
Normally you will get this message when your iPad or Apple device is set to backup to iCloud. By default Apple gives you a 5GB free account, once you have used all the space it can no longer back up and you start receiving a message that your iPad has not backed up.

Restart your iPad by pressing and holding the Home button and Top button down together until the device shuts off and the Apple Logo appears. Once the Logo appears let go of the buttons. Wait 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.

From the Home screen tap on Settings>iCloud

Scroll down to Storage & Backup, here is should say iCloud On or Off. Also the Total Storage and Available.

Can you tell me what you have here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Total storage is 5.0 and available is 4.9

When you went into that section was iCloud Backup on or off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. thanks for your help. doing this cleared up the problem. thanks again. shelley

Your welcome!

Selecting a positive rating is appreciated so that I am credited for assisting you.
Hi Shelly,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,