Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I am working on my iMac OS 10.6.8 using TRAK to modify a huge technical document. When I tried to save my changes, the computer seized and I got the dreaded whirling circle. I am very reluctant to force quit in case I loose all 1200 changes I've made to the document. Do you know of any ways to get control back over this document on my desk top? Might you be able to get access to my

desktop and rescue it? Thanks. David xxxXXX-XXX-XXXX

To help, I need to know whether this is possible in very short order. I haven't the time to wait unfortunately. I have this huge job to do and if it can't be rescued, I need to set about starting it all again . Thanks.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Mac, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Thanks a lot for posting your Query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Which with program you modified the document ? Is it word for mac ? Please give the details.

Did you saved the document atleast once ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I had known that it was saved, there would have been no problem.

I needed help yesterday and today is just too late. Working in TRAK on a Mac would have to be in Word for Mac.

To engage the question, I needed to know if anything could be done to get around the seized document.

I am afraid we haven't got near an answer.

Could you kindly reimburse my deposit?

Hi David, Thank you for the reply. Let me report this for refund. remember us when you need any assistance again.