Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Is there any way I can unlock a found iPhone 4s..

Hi, I will assist,

Are you able to open anything on the iPhone? Do you mean there is a password/passcode on it?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi good morning,

i couldn,t open anything ..when i power it up and slide the arrow to the right, it opens and the display says emergency calls only...i found this phone about 8 months ago...is there anyway you can enable it to be used again?

Thanks

Please try the following to reset the phone to factory settings, then it will let you set up as new:

• Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes program on your computer (make sure you iTunes program is up to date http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.)
  • On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After about 10 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore.

graphic

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi expert,

Thankyou for the answer,you were 100% right it did work and enabled it....got a new SIM card but at the left-hand top corner it say no service,is there anyway I can go about it to make the SIM work or for the iphone to read the SIM.

Or does the SIM need activation first...or its not in the default mode?

I need your advise/expertise...

And does the recovery erases old information?and makes the phone usable?or is there anyway they find out am the new user?

Thanks

You're welcome. When you try my suggestion, it would erase everything and let you set up the iPhone as new. Yes, you would need to contact your phone/wireless service provider in order to get the SIM to work with your iPhone.

If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much