Justin, Network Admin
Experience:  10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),

i updated the itunes download and now cant open it at all

i updated the itunes download and now can't open it at all
Hi, I will assist,

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Is there any error message when opening the iTunes program on your computer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

and I get that file is corrupted or not installed correctly and to please reinstall. I have reinstalled numerous times and get the same message

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you still there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
he asked me a question, I replied and have not yet heard anything

Below this response is a rating system. Please ONLY use the REPLY button so we can continue if you need clarification, or the issue isn't resolved. Once everything is working and you are 100% satisfied, then you may rate the level of service I have provided. Thank you.

Itunes can be extremely finnicky. Your EASIEST option right now would be to do a quick system restore. Chances are the updated failed, or didn't install cleanly. It happens sometimes.

So to do a system restore, go to start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.

Click next.

Choose a date PRIOR to the update. It will ask you to restart, do so. When it's completely finished (might take 10-15 minutes)< go ahead and test Itunes again.

If that does NOT work, your next course of action would be removal of Itunes and a fresh install.

To do this, go to start > control panel. Select programs and features.

The 6 things that need to be uninstalled are:

1. iTunes
  2. QuickTime
  3. Apple Software Update
  4. Apple Mobile Device Support
  5. Bonjour
  6. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Once finished, I recommend a restart.

Then go here and download the newest Itunes:

And install fresh. Your music won't be affected as the uninstalls do not remove your music, apps, etc though you MAY (doubtful) have to relink the database and I can help with that after you get it running.

Take your time, and do the steps I provided in order. Return to me when finished and let me know the results via Reply. If I don't respond right away, no worries, I will, just give me time to.
Justin, Network Admin
Experience: 10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had already tried the system restore and in waiting for a response from you I called apple and they told me to uninstall and download again which I did. Your response was the same I just got their answer first. Thank you

Not a problem, glad you got it resolved.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate your help, but the website is very confusing. Thank's for your help.

I apologize for that. I don't of course control it the site and interface. Thank you and you can reach me further as needed if you run into any trouble. I never close my questions.

I am not always here but will always respond the very moment I can.