Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

Ive had Skyoe is on my MacBook several years, no problems

I've had Skyoe is on my MacBook several years, no problems until this week. I connect with my friend in Paris and get audio only, no video, my camera does not go on as it does when Skpe other parties and got video and audio perfectly. The connection to Paris is immediate, bit just audio with no video. Any suggestions would be apreciated. XXXXX XXXXX
Hi and welcomed to

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

It seems that this problem could be with your Paris contact. First, you can try to remove the contact on your Contact list. Then try to add it back. You might want to talk to your Paris contact first before removing so they know to add you back when getting the notice.

After added back, test to see if you will have the same problem. If yes, ask your Paris contact to see if he/she has the same problem with his/her other contacts. Or just with you.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nick, I'm not sure this went through so, once again--

My friend in Paris just upgraded Skype; mine is an older version. Should I upgrade to Skype for Mac 5.7 and will that solve the problem?

Or do I need to delete him and put him back as you suggest? I am loath to delete him if I don't have to.

Thanks Larry.

If your friend in Paris just upgraded Skype and you two have this problem, you might want to upgrade your Skype to 5.7 as well. However, if this is a version compatibility, you might have problem with other contacts if they are not using 5.7.

For now, the best is to remove and add it back.