Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

can I upgrade our computer to the newer processor so I can

can I upgrade our computer to the newer processor so I can run Tiurbo Tax which no longer supports our processor

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

It maybe possible to upgrade your CPU, however it's not worth it. To get a newer CPU will require a new motherboard and also new RAM. Then to install all this should be done by a computer expert/tech when it is all said and done the cost would be very close to a new computer.

If your CPU does not meet the minimum requirements for Turbo Tax then your PC must be very outdated. You should look into a new computer rather then a new CPU.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any follow ups let me know BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.