David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified
39216975

On my ipod classic, when I press music in the main menu nothing.

On my ipod classic, when I press music in the main menu nothing. I have plenty of songs in itunes. This appears to be the only function that I don't have. I tried resetting and still nothing. I can bring up playlists and manage them, but can't get to the songs main list....help
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

What type of computer do you use to sync your tunes from? Do you have the cable, to connect it to your computer?

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a lenovo and I do have the sync cable

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

The iTunes library is not connecting with the media files, so they're not loading and playing. This can happen, and sometimes happens in iTunes too.

The fix is to reconnect them. In this case that means connecting to iTunes on your computer, and clicking Sync in the iPod options.

When you connect your iPod it might not sync automatically, so go to the iPod settings. Click the iPod and you will get a list of tabs with the iPod settings. Click Sync, and wait for it to finish.

When it finishes disconnect and test the playback of the media files.

If it fail, reconnect the iPod, but this time click Restore instead of Sync.

Go through the setup again, and your tunes should definitely sync this time.

If mot please get back to me.

Sincerely,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I synced and disconnected and same problem. I can go to my playlists and use and manage them ok, but when I go back to main menu and press "music", it goes to playlists and search option. So I can't get to the songs list on my ipod, however the songs list is in my itunes library. I went back into restore and got a message that I would lose all my music and playlists and stuff. Not sure I should, or want to do that. Many hours of work lost. What sayest thou?

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

You should have your playlists in iTunes, and your Music.

So restoring an iPod is not an issue if you Restore it, and then sync it again straight after.

it is a different story if your library doesn't match your iPod, in this case you should sync first.

Is your library and playlists different to your iPod?

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have playlists and music library on itunes, but only the playlists on my ipod. It appears I have no library on my ipod. I have synced many times over the last couple of weeks and at least 3 or 4 times today and still no library on my ipod.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

It's perfect that you have your music and playlists in iTunes.

When you click Restore, and it warns you that the iPod will be erased, you can continue and your iTunes contents will be synced back when the restore is finished. Restore is designed exactly for things like this.

Let me know how you get on.

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Everything is now ok. Thanks for the help.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it, you're welcome :)

Feel free to ask any follow up questions..

Sincerely,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc, H.Dip, Apple Certified