Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

will all data be detroyed on Itouch 4 if I restore it?

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

I am sorry that your iPod Touch is having problem. Usually when this occurred, you will have to restore your iPod Touch. Restore it will ERASE ALL DATA on your ipod touch.

Did you backup your iPod Touch or Backup using iCloud?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know. She has been using the device since November but I don't know if she has been ejecting it properly

Thanks for your reply.

At this point, what you can do is to connect iPod Touch to computer. Do a Restore. When done, RIGHT CLICK on the iPod Touch (which will be on the left panel under Devices) and select Restore from Backup (see photo). If there is any backup, select latest dated one on the list. Click Restore and let it restore. Then check to see if the contents are back.

graphic

If there is no backups, I am sorry but the contents are gone forever since the iPod Touch was interrupted during update.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Nick