Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

on the screen of my ipad it says it cannot backup and the slide

on the screen of my ipad it says it cannot backup and the slide at the bottom says to slide to unlock; however, when I slide...nothing happens. It's like it's frozen. what do I do. I cannot do anything at all.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

To unfreeze your ipad, Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time for 30 secs or until you see the apple logo. The sleep button (Aka the power button) is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button at the bottom front bezel of your ipad. Here is what it looks like

Full Size Image

Customer:

What do I do?

Appleologist :

Did you get my last message?

Appleologist :

Appleologist :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Thank you................$38.00 for such a simple fix. Thank you very much.

Appleologist :

You are very welcome :) Was there anything els I can assist you with today?

Customer:

Thank you very much. 38. for such a quick fix.

Appleologist :

Your issue was software related which can be resolved with a soft reset. Some software issues are deeper and may require a full restore. If your issue or a similar issue occurs, you can press those buttons again to reset your ipad

Appleologist :

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon