Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

RA-JM

Customer Question

As soon as I try to open my mail it disappears of the screen. I cannot open my mail. I tried on Safari as well as Firefox and it does the same thing. I am having this problem since yesterday. Could you please let me know why this is doing and help me out. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Who is your email provider ? Google, Yahoo etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hotmail

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I'm bit confused. What does exactly happens when you login Hotmail account ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It goes off the screen and I cannot open my mail.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
First we can reset Safari and see if that works or not. Open Safari, goto Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select everything and click Reset Safari. Then empty the cache from Safari menu.

Then download and install latest Silverlight Plugin from here : http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

Then restart your Mac and try Hotmail.

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me after restart. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ashik I am 83 years old and I am not an expert on these things. Please see if you can do this from your end I will appreciate and thank you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to access your computer remotely due to security reasons here. But I will walk you through the steps. First, add a bookmark of this page or add it to your favorites. So we won't lose our connection. To do it, click on Bookmarks menu in the top and select Add Bookmark.

Then reset Safari. Open Safari. In Safari, click on the Safari menu and select Reset Safari option. From the Reset Safari window, select all options and click Reset button. See sample picture below;
graphic
graphic

Then close Safari and open it. Then goto Hotmail and login to your email. Please let me know if that didn't work