Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have forgotten my mac air password. Can u please tell me

I have forgotten my mac air password. Can u please tell me how I can fix it?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OSX mountain lion
I believe you want to reset the Administrator or the user account password. You can reset the password XXXXX booting into Mac OS X Utilities.
  • Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn in back on and immediately hold down Option key at boot and select the “Recovery” disk at the boot menu (Alternatively, to boot into Mac OS X Utilities restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys)
  • This will boot your Mac to Mac OS X Utilities” menu
  • Click on the “Utilities” menu in top and select “Terminal"
  • Type resetpassword
  • Confirm the user account and then change password XXXXX reboot as normal.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,