Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I rented a movie- it downloaded to itunes, but I cannot get

I rented a movie- it downloaded to itunes, but I cannot get it to upload to my ipod.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Can you play the movie in iTunes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
How are you trying to upload it to the iPod?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using the standard (I think -it came with my ipod) USB cable.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No I meant what action/procedure are you taking to accomplish that task?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hmm...nothing really. When I hook my ipod to my PC it syncs with itunes and any new downloads upload to my ipod.

I haven't rented a movie before am I missing a step?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What model iPod is it, not all models can play the rented movies?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Classic

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike,

Sorry to be dense, how do I do that? Do I drag the movie into a playlist?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Is the movie a standard definition movie?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

And never mind. I blindly stumbled onto what I doing wrong. Thank you for your help, you have been very patient.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry then you just check it to sync in iTunes under the Movies tab.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.