Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

I am trying to scan to Document on a Mac Mini. The result

I am trying to scan to Document on a Mac Mini. The result is almost black - how can
I adjust it to print as on original photo?

Hi. Thanks a lot for posting your Query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please use a thirdparty program like Vuescan to scan your documents. You can try it first and then purchase if you like it. You can simply manage your scans with Vuescan.
  1. Run VueScan
  2. Insert image into scanner
  3. Set "Input|Media type"
  4. Press "Preview" button
  5. Adjust crop box with mouse
  6. Press "Scan" button
If the colors don't look quite right in the preview, try clicking with the right mouse button (with control key on Mac OS) on an area of the image that should be gray.

To reset to the automatic color balance setting, double-click on the image with the right mouse button (with control key on Mac OS).

If the lighting in the scene is unusual (i.e. at sunset or with stage lighting), try setting "Color|Color balance" to "Neutral".