Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do you reset computer to factory settings, as have entered

How do you reset computer to factory settings, as have entered wrong details on start up menu?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Is this is a new Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes new iMac

Your Mac must have the Mac OS X version 10.8 Mountaion Lion, since it is new Mac. You can boot into Mac OS X Utilties window and then erase your hard drive and install fresh OS X.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command + R keys. This will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilties screen.
In there, select Disk Utility. This will open Disk Utility application. Select your hard disk in the left column and click the Erase button, which is under Erase tab. Then close Disk Utility and select Reinstall Mac OS X. It will take time to reinstall your Mac OS X. Make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet before erasing.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Hi Jacquie,
Just checking, how is it going ? If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be here for the next 7 hours.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,