Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi I just purchased a ipad4 in New Zealand, I have tried

Customer Question

I just purchased a ipad4 in New Zealand, I have tried to set it up and it recognises my wifi as SpeedTouch 4FDD42 but just sits trying to connect. My family computer is working fine. When I go into the speed touch on the ipad its asking for IP address, Subnet Mask etc, where do I find this info?

Cheers Val
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I will assist,

Can you please check at the back/bottom of the SpeedTouch 4FDD42 modem/router device for any other model?

Actually, you don't enter anything; it just connected automatically; the issue is that the wifi speedtouch router's settings need to be adjusted in order for it to work with the iPad.

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check/fix this issue directly for you?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is Thomson ST585V8 on the back. Yes would like a screen sharing session.

Please make sure the computer is connected to the Thomson ST585V8 device with an (Ethernet/network) cable, then click on the website below and allow the screen sharing remote program to run:

Thank you