James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

My Ipod Nano seems to have stalled. What can I do? I am also

My Ipod Nano seems to have stalled. What can I do? I am also very frustrated with the new Itunes setup because it doesn't seem to sinc with my Ipod. Please help!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what is going on with your Nano?

It stopped responding?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. It seems to have stalled. I can't turn it off and it is also not playing.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Let's reset it. For 7th gen ipods:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen goes dark. The Apple logo should appear after a few seconds, then the Home screen should appear.

If it's 6th gen:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button simultaneously for at least eight seconds or until the Apple logo appears. You may need to repeat this step.

The iPod should now behave normally.

I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I know which generation it is? I have tried both of these steps and they don't work.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It might be an older one.

check out this page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320

It shows how to reset all types of iPod nano.

Let me know how it goes please.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After identifying that my Ipod is 4th generation and trying all the different reset suggestions I have now finally managed to unstick it! this was by pressing the centre button and the menu button together. I would still like to know how to synch with the new Itunes set up. It doesn't seem to register and show all my music.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it worked!

Can you tell me what happens when you try to sync? It certainly should sync!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find any of my music on the Itunes screen. It used to be in the library on the old set up.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Is this a new computer, or a re-installed computer, or something like that?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I just had a message some time ago saying that there was a new Itunes edition and since then I can't find anything. It all looks quite different.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I know what you mean, I hate it too. But there is a way to make it look as before.

Can we do a screen sharing session so I can show you?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes fine.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

don't seem to have much luck connecting. Also Norton seems to be suspicious. Can you explain to me in words what to do?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Yes - see this article that explains it:

http://www.poptechjam.com/itunes-11-everything-new-can-look-old-again/#.UTFA-Ffog4I

Many thanks,

James.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh that's brilliant. Thank you so much. I am having a party in two weeks' time and thought I had lost all my music for my apartment warming!!! At 67 years old that's no joke. Thanks again. It was worth staying up until midnight! Sheila

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
No problem Sheila, very glad I could help!

Please don't forget to rate me using the faces under my answer (scroll up to see them).

Many thanks,

J.