Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified

Customer Question

how to disable color management in the printer preference dialog on a canon pixma pro 9000 using a imac 10.6.8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

When you go to Print, the print dialog should have a number of options in the drop down list. One of them is Color Management, and you will need to set it to Off or None.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot do what you said as I told you in my question--in my print dialog does not have color management as an option so your answer in of not help to me. I am on a imac 10.6.8

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
his advice was to open printer and go to color management and click no color management-I had already told him that my problem was that I did not have that option. I am printing with a profile from Elements 10 on a imac 10.6.8
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sarah,

Depending on what version of Canon printer software you have installed, it may appear as "Colour/Intensity Manual Adjustment" - if you see this option, you can select it, then choose the Matching tab and set the Color Correction to 'None'.

If you can't see the Colour/Intensity Manual Adjustment option, please attach a screenshot of your Print Dialog box here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was not sure how to do this--I hope you get a screenshot of the print dialogue box

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, the link does not work, please email the photo [email protected] for the attention of ITPeter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have sent you the email

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Ok, it may be a few hours before the email reaches me; I will get back to you once I receive it.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sarah,
I got the screenshot, thanks.
The interface is quite different from what I have seen before.
What options are available in the "Color Matching" dropdown box?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you saw them--nothing-they are grayed out

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one - I'll opt out of the question so that another expert can offer some new suggestions.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will continue to wait for an answer a little longer

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think my patience as run out. I am very disappointed not to have an answer to my question. I started this on Friday and it is now Monday -too long. I am not satisfied and have waited all day for you to come up with a professional. Please remit to my account the $18.00