Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Final Cut Pro 6 crashed. I uninstalled; reinstalled. Message

Final Cut Pro 6 crashed. I uninstalled; reinstalled. Message at end of reinstall "install failed".

I have an IMac; upgraded the operating system 10.5.6

How can I get FCP to reinstall??
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

The problem must be with some components of Final Cut Studio. First, delete the old preference files of FCP. Goto Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Library > Preferences folder and trash the file file.

Then trash the folder Final Cur Pro User Data

Then Insert the Final Cut Studio disc to your Mac, once it loaded open the 'Install Final Cut Studio' file. Click Continue, then Continue, again Continue and then click Agree. Select the destination disc. Then Enter Name, Company, Serial Number (if asked) and click Continue. Then in the Custom Installation Screen, select Final Cut Pro and uncheck all other applications, then click Continue and install it. See picture below;
Please let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

deleting FCP preference folder was the first thing I did. I didn't do a custom reinstall, but will try as you suggest, selecting only FCP. Won't know if the problem is solved until I finish the custom install again.

Do this one by one for Color, Motion etc. Only Install the Audio Content, LiveType Content DVD etc at last. That will help us to find out the problem. Please let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just finished attempting to reinstall all FCP discs - last one was Motion Content. Install Failed message again.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.Laughing

Hi there. My apologies for the delayed response. It seems like the Motion's content disc is damaged. Do you have any backup of the disc ?

Also did you tried opening FCP ? Does it still crashes ?
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,