Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

password XXXXX mac admin user not working. have password XXXXX

password XXXXX mac admin user not working. have password XXXXX down, but not working. locked out?? how to reset it, don't remember the mac coming with an install disc.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Lion 10.7.5
Hi Bonnie, You can easily reset the administrator password XXXXX logging into the Lion Recovery. Please follow the steps below to reset the password
  • Turn off your Mac.
  • Turn in back on and immediately hold down Option at boot and select the “Recovery” disk at the boot menu or Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R key at same time
  • This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu (or Lion Recovery screen)
  • Click on the “Utilities” menu in the top and select “Terminal"
  • Type resetpassword
  • Confirm the user account and then the password XXXXX and reboot Mac OS X 10.7 as usual with your new password

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It appears to have worked. I do have one more unrelated question. Have an IPad and have bought music from ITunes. Changed apple user ID, and have bought more music from ITunes under new apple ID. Is it possible to merge the old apple ID music to the new apple ID?
Unfortunately it is not possible to merge Apple IDs. But there is a work-around to download those musics to your iPad. Best way is, on your computer, download and install latest iTunes. Then sign in to your old ID and re-download all past purchases to iTunes. See here :

Then sign out and sign on to your new ID. Then download all your Musics. Then just sync your iPad all the Musics will be synced to your iPad.

Please let me know if you need help with that...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Old apple ID has already been deleted from Apple. Have all the music on the IPad, but IPad crashed once, and now if it does it again, I'm afraid I won't be able to recover all that was purchased on old apple ID. Heard somewhere that this merge could be done, from Apple guy at a Best Buy. Kind of like a one time thing??
I've heard that Apple is working on it, but there is no official news yet about it. But according to Apple's official support page about Apple ID, it can't be done. See here :

I'd recommend to backup your Musics to iTunes on your computer. Or you can also use third party applications like ImToo iPad Transfer to backup your iPad to your PC. See here :
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,