Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

unable to reinstall printshop 2 for mac in my OSX 10.8.2 Snow

unable to reinstall printshop 2 for mac in my OSX 10.8.2 Snow Leopard. Message says not enough HD space. Apple support checked my computer and my computer has plenty of memory. Help!
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

First, memory and hard drive space are two entirely different things.
Open a Finder window, select your hard drive and at the bottom it will tell you how much free space on the dad drive there is.
graphic
Make sure you select the dad drive, the Finder will tell you (in that same place) how much a folder uses also.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 848.62 GB available. My computer was checked by a MAC teck. and was ok. This disk installed fine in an older MAC.

You certainly do have enough space.
It may be a permissions issue. This PDF explains that.

Repairing Permissions Try repairing them and see what it does.

Let me know please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I repaired permissions and was still unable to install printshop. Still says not enough HD space.

Where is the source of PrintShop? Is it on disk or from the App store?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is on a disk and I have been using this program for several years on this computer. I uninstalled it because I was having trouble cropping. This happened once before and I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and it fixed the problem. This time it didn't work. But it did work on my husband's older MAC.

It may be that this software is not compatible with Mountain Lion, even though MacKiev says it is.
The reason I say this is because when this disk came out Lion and Mountain Lion were not out.
There is an update to fix this. Get it here.

The instructions are in the installer, I think.
Give that a try.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The updater won't install because Printshop is not installed on the computer

The Print Shop 2.0.11 Updater As far as I have been able to find is that link to get a new disk with the version you need for 10.8.2.
The other option is to restore from Time Machine and then run to updater.
MacKiev is very hard to get answers from on their site.
That is all I have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your efforts. I will try to restore from Time Capsule. Could you help me with that? I've never done it. It is new.

It will only be useful if you had backed it up with PrintShop installed. When did you start using it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have back ups with Printshop installed from a few days ago

Ok then Virginia.
To restore from Time Machine (it will not be fast because Time Capsule is networked) open a finder window. Then click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar.
graphic
If you hold the Option key it will say 'Browse other Time Machine disks'.
Then once there click Applications, find PrintShop, select it and click Restore. Follow the prompts, it will let you decide where to put it.

Try that and let me know.
Can I assume that was successful? If so I recommend the update.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT WORKED. I NOW HAVE PRINTSHOP ON MY COMPUTER.

THANK YOU

Glad to hear it Virginia. I am happy to be of service. Enjoy and thank you.