Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

my iphone cannot get music downloaded from my computer because

my iphone cannot get music downloaded from my computer because it says I need
the newest software; i went to www.itunes.com like it said to do but cannot get the latest software for itunes to download music from computer to my phone.....help I'm going crazy trying!! Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

You are trying to get the latest iTunes for your iMac?
WHich iPhone is it? iPhone 4, 4s or 5?
Are you trying to install iTunes on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am trying to download my music into my iphone; my phone is a few

years old so I cant remember which phone it is

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To find out about your phone go to Settings/General/About and tell me what model you find there.
That same place will tell you what version of iOS is on the iPhone.
What version of iTunes is on your Mac?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model of my phone is MD439LL

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Could that be MB499LL, the number you gave does not match anything.
That also does not tell me what version iOS it has.
I think that the best it can do is 4.2.1.
How are you trying to sync it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model number on the back of the box from the iphone is

A1349

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model of my iphone is A1349

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That helps.
Now what version of iOS is on it? It can run iOS 6.1.2
Please tell me how you attempted to sync your iPhone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How or where would I find the version of iOS on it?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Settings/General/About/Version. This will take forever this way.
Please read back through and try to provide the info I ask for.
If you do not know how to find it then please say so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The version is 6.0 (10A403)

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Brenda. It seems that you need a newer version of iTunes.
It has to be installed for it to work, this is not for the iPhone, only for the Mac.
Goto the Apple menu and select Software update. It will tell you if there is any software (such as iTunes) that needs updating.
If you find any please do it.
Then let me know.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.