Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My ipad3 has got stuck. When I try to put the power on the

My ipad3 has got stuck. When I try to put the power on the white apple appears n then a picture of the connecting lead saying connect to iTunes. I have tried many times to press the start button but to no avail.
Would be glad to know how to solv this problem and redraft my iPad
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

The operating ssytem of your iPad is corrupted. You have to restore your iPad's OS from iTunes on your computer. You can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition. Put your iPad to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank.

If you don't have iTunes, download and install latest version from here :

Remember, this will erase everything from your iPad and that is your only choice.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks I will try what u have suggested n get back to you. Is not there anyway I could retrieve my photos?
Yes, but only by using some third party Data Recovery applications, like this one :

I can't guarantee that will work, but its worth a try. Try the trial version before buying it.

Even if you recover the photos, you still have to restore your iPad from iTunes. Please let me know how it goes.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,