Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

just added Mountain lion now need to update adobe flash but

Customer Question

just added Mountain lion now need to update adobe flash but cannot because it says plug in not connected
additionally pandora will not connect
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 1 year ago.

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX, XXX I'm here to help.

Jesse :

What web browser are you getting the error message in?

Customer :

Safari

Jesse :

And were you able to download the latest version of Adobe player, but it won't install?

Customer :

No It wouldn't download

Jesse :

Do you have any other web browsers installed? Like Firefox or Chrome?

Customer :

no

Jesse :

Okay, try the following:

1. Open a new Finder window (click the smiley face icon on the far left side of the Dock).
2. From the Go menu at the top of the screen, choose Macintosh HD.
3. Select your Library->Internet Plugins folder.
4. Remove anything that mentions flash player.

Jesse :

Then try opening Pandora of any site you've tried to visit that doesn't work, and if it asks you to download Flash Player, go through the steps.

Customer :

Sorry cannot find the go menu at top

Jesse :

Does it say Finder in the upper left by the Apple logo?

Customer :

yes

Jesse :

It should be between the View and Window menus next to Finder.

Customer :

I have a list of Favorites on the left and a groupe of icons at the top that is all

Customer :

that is what is in the finder at the topof the screen it goes from file edit view history bookmarks window help

Jesse :

Okay, you're still in Safari then. It should say Finder in the top left, and then you'll see the Go menu. You need to click the Finder icon on your dock to go there.

Customer :

Jesse

Jesse :

Yes, I'm here.

Customer :

Some how last night I erased the page we were using, then I couldn't find it again. I became so upset with my lack of ability i shut off the computer and gave up it is apparent you are very good at what you do. Pardon my lack of ability. Bob

Jesse :

I'm sorry for the frustration you've had. Hopefully we can get you going again. Were you able to find the previous files I mentioned in the post above?

Customer :

I found the plug ins but was unable to remove them, however since we talked I have found several other issues and think it may be best to take it in. If we continue I will get so pissed off I may do it harm

Jesse :

Well it's good to know your limits. It sounds like you may need to reinstall the OS, possibly doing an erase and install to clean everything up.