Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hi - Im trying to download mp3s that Ive purchased to no

Hi - I'm trying to download mp3's that I've purchased to no avail - I have an olded mbp - the files appear to download - i.e. the timer clicks by and the iTunes logo pops up beside the name of the file... however, there is zero content!!! the person recommended IE as the best browser to use when downloading their material... and IE doesn't work well w/macs - haven't had it or used it for years! any help greatly appreciated
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Ok, lets start by finding out just what you have.
Look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac' and tell me what you see where the arrows point to.
I need to know what processor and version of OS X you have, also how muchmenory there is.

WHat site are you trying to download from? Copy and paste the web address in this text box please.
IE does not work at all with Macs, hasn't for a long time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OS X 10.6.8

2 GHz Intel Core Duo

It requires username and pw - my [email protected]; bellione

Our site filters out personal email and all we see is XXXXX so I cannot sign in.
Your Mac is not that old nor is your OS X, I do not know about your iTunes
You said you tried to download mp3s. Did they download into your downloads folder?
If so and it says there is zero content then it may be that the mp3 is not actually downloading.
What were Jarrads instructions to download?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He nor his people know nothing about Macs - they sent me to the iTunes downloading mp3s page! They only know how to use IE!!! which I find really bizarre in this day and age! and I know the mp3's are not downloading! I just do not know why! Here's the web address they sent me to:

Ok, I see. The page it opens to is somewhat outdated.
But it has a link to how to for OS X which is different from what the first page tells you.

Did you try holding the Control and clicking the mp3?
Or you can right click it for the same effect.
You should see something like the above. From there you should be able to select where it downloads to making it easy to add to iTunes (a necessary step I think).

Try that and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did that - I right clicked on the save as - mine does not have the Download ones! - and it did what I said before - looked like it had downloaded, and yet there was nothing in the file!

I signed up for the free download just to see what was what.
It told me that nothing was available at this time.
Strange, so I did some digging and found that this is not what it seems. It is a subtle ripoff scam, I do not wish to offend you but I strongly recommend severing all ties with him.

What he claims is not real, I am sorry.
I do have a site that does have real info about what you may be looking for. That is if you are looking for answers about God and what He says about life.

They do have downloadable mp3s that work.

That is the very best answer I can give you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was able to download all of them using FireFox... and please, I feel you overstepped when you offered the website - I did not ask and I do not want to be offered. Thank you...

Sorry about that, I do not want to offend in any way.
Happy you were able to download successfully.