Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hi How much does it cost to use your service please?

How much does it cost to use your service please?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

All the info is on the page where you posted this question. Please read it carefully and it will tell you what you need to know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dan

I need some help/advice with a presentation.

I normally use powerpoint but I have been given a presentation to use in keynote

My colleague used Keynote so that she could have timed embedded music with part of the presentation.

When I present this I may have to run of a pc so I'm wondering if I can convert this somehow - I here that conversion to ppt seperates off the music

Can you tell me the best approach please?

Ok Martin, I can help with that. You have chosen a price for an answer, I will do all I can to give you a working answer.

Keynote can export Powerpoint/Windows friendly so that is will run in Powerpoint.

And this, Keynote '09: Creating a PowerPoint Slideshow, I know they look the same but they are different.

This is the user manual for Keynote.

That said there are problems doing this. A lot depends on what transitions and builds are used. PowerPoint cannot support many of the effects that Keynote uses.

The best way to make it compatible is to export to Quicktime, Windows has no problem playing Quicktime movies.
It will not be interactive nor editable in this format. If that is not an issue then that is the way to go.

Since your colleague has made it in Keynote then exporting to Quicktime will work best, XXXXX XXXXX opinion.

Does that help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dan

It certainly does help and I guess that now I have some work to read all this and try it.

If having done that I am still having problems then how do I contact you again?

Bookmark this like any site for easy return.
I am going for dinner but will be back in about an hour.
Take your time Martin.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had already done an export to powerpoint

Interestingly the pps file created plays the slides to music on the mac

Unfortunately the ppt file does not on a pc so I guess I need to understand how to create quicktime for the section that goes to music

Can you help with that please?

I can.
With the presentation open select Share from the menu bar.
Then sleet Export at the bottom.
It will give you something quite like that.
Click Quicktime.
Then you will have the above. The popup menus give different options, I suggest what you see in the image.
The next window after clicking Next, asks where to put the finished movie. Choose careful so you will not have to hunt for it and name it to make it easy to find if you forget where it went.

That is all there is to it.
Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I choose manual advance?

I want the slides and music to run automatically once started

so do I chosse the automatic option and in that case what timings?

and so then once I have a quicktime file do I just select 'import video ' into the slide

I presume that I will have to manually start the clip

Is that correct?

In your case select Fixed timing, it will then use whatever timing was set in Keynote. Then it will run on its own.
To make it play when opened use the Inspector to set that option before going to Export.
The inspector looks like this.
You can open that with Shift, Command I or from the View menu.
Why would you want to import the movie into a slide? It is a finished product ready to use on Mac and PC.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll give this a go when I get back

I look forward to progress reports.
Are you making progress?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not yet, I havent tried yet

I live in New Zealand so I am quite a long way behind you in the day

Ok, no problem, just was wondering how you were doing.
Used to be communicating with someone as far away as we are would be very hard, now, almost instant.