Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

hi ahhh help ! k so im on deadline. architecture. my computer

hi ahhh help ! k so im on deadline. architecture. my computer went disco so was trying to download the free trial of autoCad on my son's macbook...to no avail-- "unsupported graphics card"? i don't even know what that is or how to get or what to do at this pt...his machine is a late 2007. Any ideas?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Could you please give me the model ID of the Mac ? Goto Apple > About This Mac > More Info or System Report. This will open System Profiler window. From there, you can find the model number in right column. See picture below;
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you!! i really appreciate your assistance kinda freaking over here!

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB31.008E.B02

SMC Version (system): 1.24f3

Serial Number (system): W87488QLZ62

Hardware UUID: 9A70FC72-51A3-5AD8-B6CC-70231279E0F3

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Hi Annie,
Are you trying to install the Autocad 2013 version ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ya, just the trial so i can keep working. that is the only trial they offer..

i just need it til my computer restores etc and that wont be til tomorrow it says.... yay. is that version too fancy for this machine? what if i pirate an earlier aCAD for mac version? whatever is quickest. or like i have a best buy store nearby, do they sell like the ram and/or graphics card etc? or is there anything i can download from online to get this machine up and running ACAD asap?! can you call me? XXXXXXXXXX i'll pay you more, whatever it takes. the clients already called asking for the drawings ayayayay. thank you ashik for helping, huge appreciation.

(oh and ps, tried to call autocad the company and ya, no way to reach by phone...those F'ers!)

Hi Annie. Sorry I can't call. JustAnswer won't allow me to call you. Ok..I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but I've to be honest with you. The Macbook 2007 doesn't support Autocad 2013, not even 2011 version is supported on Macbook model 3,1

The only supported models of Macbooks are MacBook® 5,1 or later (MacBook 7,1 or later recommended)

There is no way to run Autocad 2013 on his Mac, not even the 2011 version. (Autocad 2011 is first version for Mac). If possible, try to get a PC and install Autocad on it. You shouldn't waste your time on his Mac.

Although you can upgrade the RAM, you can't upgrade the Graphics since it is integrated to the Logic Board. I'm really sorry that I couldn't give you a better answer or solution, but I'm helpless in this case. Sorry...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no no all goods! you saved me huge from wasting more time trying make this one run. thank you thank you!

You're most welcome. But I'm really sorry that I couldn't solve your problem. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'm more than happy to help you with the best I can.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Take Care,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wait i do have one more...and i promise i rate you uber positively!

ok. so my machine....its solid but has another issue. anyways ,restoring now from a time machine backup... but it says not ready til tomorrow. sooo...if i cancel that, the restoring, and like get at least autocad back up and running whether for now by a trial version or even buying the cheap version (which not so cheap but, if i no get this work done i will surely be broke with lots o pissed off peeps breathing down my throat haha)

...will i lose everything? like all my files? or when i done with the work can i start the restoring again? and get all my stuff back on it?

If you cancel the process, it will probably mess up your system files. But you can reinstall your OS X (takes max of 3 hours, usually finish in less than 2 hour), then you can download and install the trial version of Autocad 2013 (takes max of 30 minutes to install) and restore the important documents only (time depends upon the size/number of files)

Then you can do you projects before the dead line. Then you can do a complete restore of your System from Time Machine again.

Forgot to tell, if you are using OS X Lion or Mountaion Lion, then it will take a while to download the OS X from Apple's Server. So, if you are are on slow internet connection, I won't recommend to cancel the process.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,