Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

My IPOd touch got hit with a baseball. Now all I get is a

My IPOd touch got hit with a baseball. Now all I get is a white screen. Tried to reset it multiple times and is unable to get it to respond. I didn't buy a warranty. Is it better to buy a new one or try to get it repaired? any suggestions?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

If yo get a white screen that means it isn't dead, just wounded.
By reset do you mean that you held both the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons together for 30 seconds or so?
This will usually open to an Apple, if not then connecting to your computer with the USB and doing a recovery may help.
I know, it says iPhone, same, same.
Or this,
iPhone again, same, same.

If all that fails then, yes, it is time for the Apple store. They may be able to fix it depending on the severity of the damage.
If not then look at replacement, with Applecare, it covers accidental damage, like baseballs, now for a small fee each occurrence.

That is the best I can tell you and what I would do if it were mine. Hope it helps.