Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Hello Daniel! I hope al is well on your end. I intended to

Hello Daniel! I hope al is well on your end. I intended to purchase Disc Warrior after your suggestion, but I could not afford it. I am still experiencing the "beach ball" quite frequently, but the newest event is that the screen has gone completely black once and completely white on three occasions. The iMac did not respond for anything after these screen events happened, so I have been pressing and holding the on/off button on the back of the screen to reboot it. Am I too late to get Disc W?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Disk Warrior is a good investment anytime.

One thing that might help is to start in Recovery mode.
Shut it down and then hold the Command and R down and then power up. Keep then pressed. It will look something like this.
graphic
Select Disk Utility to start with and repair the drive and permissions.
graphic
Try that and let me know.
If it cannot see your hard drive (possible) then let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Daniel!

I have finished the Disc Permissions Repair. The process took a long time. There was a long list of "repairs" and one "warning"; something about a Library location that had been changed.

I will purchase the Disc Warrior tomorrow. Is there anything else I should do now?

Thank you for your assistance!

Oscar

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If it still problems then you might consider reinstalling OS X. I t will not harm any data but will wire a new operating system.
None of this will fix hardware problems like a failing hard drive. I strongly recommend backing up. It requires an external hard drive decocted to that.
I use Time Machine myself, that is why I sent the links about it.
Hard drives fail, not if but when.
This another way to do that repair from the Dashboard.

Maintenance Widget

Keep me posted and updated please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have installed the widget. Thank you Daniel!

I also have an external memory drive. I have all my data stored there; I even changed the settings of iPhoto and iTunes so my libraries are relocated to my external memory drive. In other words, I don't save anything on my iMac's disc. I never activated Time Machine though. I thought I would not need it since all is saved on the external memory drive.

I will get Disc Warrior tomorrow. Daniel, thank you very much for your assistance!

Would you please re-send the form to give you a happy face? ;-)

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I will, it does require that I also include some kind of answer.

Return from trash

That may be something to interest you.

Thanks Oscar.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.