Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

recover a deleted imovie project on my iphone 4s

Hello. Thank you for the question. Do you know if you have iCloud backups enabled on your phone? If so, can you check the time of the last backup and see if it is a time from before the project was deleted? You can check by doing the following:

1) Tap Settings
2) Tap iCloud
3) Tap Storage and Backup
4) Scroll to the very bottom of the page. It should tell you when the last backup was taken if there is one.

Please let me know what you find and we'll determine next actions based on your response. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yesterday 143am

Thank you. And was the iMovie project on your iPhone at that time? If so I can tell you how to restore it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.. i just need to retrieve it and save to my camera or your recommendations will help

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX good to know. You need to do a full restore of the device as it existed at that time last night. To do this, you will need to reset all data which will erase your phone completely. Then once your phone restarts, you will be prompted to set up a new phone, or restore from an iCloud backup. You must be at a location that has Wi-Fi. Once you sign in with your Apple ID, your phone will start downloading all the data from iCloud...it usually takes about an hour before your data is completely restored. Here's how to do it:

1) Tap Settings
2) Tap General
3) Tap Reset
4) Tap Erase All Content and Settings
5) Your data will be erased and phone will be restarted. Once the phone restarts, select to restore from iCloud. Make sure you have Wi-Fi available when you do this, and make sure you know your Apple ID and password, as you will be prompted to enter it to begin the restore process. All of your contacts/data will be preserved.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i get this script by email

All communications should be in your email when I respond. Otherwise, you can bookmark this page and print it if you need to review it:

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/7kxra-recover-deleted-imovie-project-iphone-4s.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

great .. just how do i download the file from icloud to my ext drive

The file is actually not accessible to you in that way. It is stored on Apples iCloud servers, and the only way to leverage it is to use the restore option while connected to Wi-Fi. If you want a physical backup of your phone, you need to use the iTunes backup feature, however that backup is only as good as the time it was taken from (ie - you cannot pull an iCloud backup file in to iTunes).

Please rate my answer using one of the smiley faces below and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great Will do