Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

na-614

Customer Question

I made big mistakes in FCPX: First, I had to stop in the middle of importing from the camera. Then, in preferences, I changed from Optimized to proxy without setting the proxy files, and moved my files to an external hard drive. Then I copied FCPX itself to the external hard drive, all because I didn't have enough space on the Application drive. I now created a Final Cut Event folder and a Final Cut Project folder on the external drive and all my raw footage there too. FCPX consistently shows the red frames and there doesn't seem to be a way to reconnect them, like in FCP6.

So I think it is a big mess seeing that you're not supposed to move/change anything! Is there a way to fix this, or just start over using everything on the 2nd drive?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Mac, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Lindie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. But I do need the info this morning. I may need to go to the apple store to see if they can help, but it is 40 minutes to an hour

and a half way. Thank you

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you for trying to find the right person. I ended up going to the Apple Store for in person (with computer) support and I am getting what I needed. So if you can credit me the $58 that would be great. So glad to know you are there for the future. Thanks,

Kiya