Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

my appleworks 6 keeps being quit unexpectedly. What can I

my appleworks 6 keeps being quit unexpectedly. What can I do?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? When did this problem started ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OS X 10.5.8 Problem occurred occasionally some months ago and became constant a couple of days ago. It invites me to 'report to Apple' which I have done many times.z

First we can reset the Preferences of AppleWorks and see if it works or not. Goto Macintosh HD > Users > home folder > Library folder. Trash the AppleWorks folder in there.

Also, trash the com.apple.appleworks.plist file in there.

Also, goto your Documents folder and move the AppleWorks folder to desktop.

Then download and install Onyx application on your Mac from here : http://www.titanium.free.fr/download/105/OnyX.dmg

Open Onyx. In Onyx, click on Maintenance tab. Select Rebuild tab, check all boxes and then Execute. Then under Cleaning select System and User and check all boxes on both and Execute. When it finished, restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So far so good. I have restarted - can I use the old Appleworks, now in Trash, or must I chuck it out & import a new version? Thank you muchly.

Joe XXXXXXX

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay...Had to go offline since it was very late in here (was 2:00 AM in here, IST). No, don't use the old AppleWorks preference files, they might cause the issue again. However, you can move back the Appleworks folder you've moved to Desktop from Documents folder. Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,