Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My ipad arrived today and somehow the language is set to ?Arabic

My ipad arrived today and somehow the language is set to ?Arabic instead of Ev
nglish How can I change it
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Did you setup your iPad successfully ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I did not get passed the language question until the language was set so that I could not read the instructions

First we can reset your iPad and that will take you back to the Language selection screen. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds or until it show the Apple logo. When you see the Apple Logo, release the buttons and let the iPad boot up. Setup it again.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can try different method.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry there has been no change

When you reset it, doesn't it showed the language selection screen ?

Also can you see a grey button in the top left of your iPad ?

Can you see a button named "ظهر" or "قفا" on the top left of the screen ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Neither of these 2 symbols

If you can see any button in the top left, then tap it and that will take you back to the previous screen. So, keep tapping it until it will take you to the language screen.

If that didn't work, then we can restore your iPad from iTunes on your computer. Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here :

Open iTunes and connect your iPad to your PC with the USB Cable. While connected, press and hold down the Power button and Home button until your iPad shows a USB Cable pointing to iTunes. Your iTunes will recognize your iPad in Recovery Mode and asks you to restore it. Click Restore button or OK. This will restore the OS of your iPad to latest version. Then you can setup it and make sure you select English this time.

Please let me know if you have any trouble doing it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The computer says the download was not successful What next

Does that happens when you download iTunes ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont download itunes The ipad is still using foreign language

You have to download iTunes on your computer to restore your iPad. Download iTunes on your computer from here :

After downloading iTunes, install it on your computer. Let me know once you did that and we can move to next step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you confirm the address please

Yes, it is working. That is a direct download link. When you click on it, it will open a blank page and ask you to download the iTunes application.

If you want, I will reset my iPad and change the language to Arabic. Then I will walk you through the setup screen to setup your iPad. After setting it up, we can change the language easily. Let me know...
I've reset my iPad and here is what you needed to do. If you are on the screen showing maps, tap the blue button in the top right. If you are on the screen showing a arrow with two options in the bottom, tap any one and tap blue button in top right. If you've asked to select WiFi, tap blue button in the top right and if asked anything asked in popup menu, tap first button.

If you are on the screen showing iPad's picture and three options in the bottom, tap the first one which says iPad (including arabic letters). Tap Blue button in the top right. Then tap the blue button in the top bottom right. If asked anything in popup window, tap second button. Then tap any option and tap blue button. Finally, tap iPad with arabic letters button in the bottom. This will setup your iPad. Please let me know how it goes.

Please let me know once you did that and we can change the language now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont know what happened I did nothing so you must get all the credit but suddenly English is in use and it seems to be all systems go Thanks very much for your help

I'm glad you got it worked. If you like my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks, for using

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,