Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

My e-mail address recently chaged from the one I had when I

My e-mail address recently chaged from the one I had when I received my iPad as a gift. I visited the Apple Store in Greensboro and was assisted in changing to the new Id. for my iPad. However, the verfication for iCloud has not been completed (I was at the store on Friday and it now Monday afternoon). The e-mail has been verfied but not the iCloud account nor has any change been noted on my iPad. I do not have a Mac computer but was told to press certain settings on my Mac to complete the process. How do I complete the verfication and reset my Apple id to my current e-mail?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question. It sounds like the only thing left to do is the following:

Update/set up your iCloud ID:

1) Tap Settings -> iCloud -> Account
2) If your old Apple ID is listed there, tap the account, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select "Delete Account". This will delete your old iCloud/Apple account from your iPad.
3) If there is no ID there, just tap the Account options and enter your new Apple ID

Update your Apple ID:

1) Go back to the main Settings page
2) Tap "iTunes & App Stores"
3) Tap "Apple ID" on the top of the page
4) If your old ID is listed, tap the ID and select "Sign Out"
5) If there is no ID listed, just tap the "Apple ID" and select "Sign In"

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have accessed my iCloud screen but it will not allow me to access any further items on tne page, my account included. At the top of the screen it says: "Account Not Verfied" and the entire right side of the screen is hazy. What do I do?

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Do you see the option to "Resend email verification" on the iCloud Preferences page? If so, please use that option and check your email again for the verification email. If you do not see an email after 5 - 10 minutes, please check your junk/spam folder for the verification email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not see the option to "Resend email verification" on my iCloud preferences page.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Here are the instructions. You must be logged in to a PC or Mac to use them:

1) Click here
2) Click "Manage your Apple ID" and log in with your ID
3) On the right side of the page you will see all email addresses currently registered with your account. All of the email addresses that are verified will show in green "Verified". Those not yet verified will just say "Verification Email Sent", and there is an option to click "Resend" to resend the email. I've shown a screenshot below of what you should see:

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. I hav accessed that page, found that XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX was the only e-mail listed and has been verfied. However my iCloud page on the iPad is still not working, is not verfied, has the old id (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) and states at the bottom of the screen that "You cannot delete you iCloud account because your iPad is being restored." It has shown this since I was at the Apple Store last Friday afternoon. HELP

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any data on your iPad yet that you need, or is the iPad new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have data such as e-mails, notes and pictures, along with some contacts. I have been using it since Christmas. Also have several apps that I have purchased and my iTunes. Everything is working except for the iCloud app.

I suppose there is nothing on there I cannot afford to loose if necessary.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
You shouldn't have to lose the data, but if the iPad was new it would be easiest to just reset it and re-add the iCloud account. But since you have data, let's try to just clear the restore (that seems to strangely be in progress) and delete the old account.

Normally you can stop a restore in progress by doing the following:

1) Tap Settings -> iCloud
2) Tap "Storage and Backup" on the bottom of the page
3) Tap "Stop Restoring iPad"

Are you able to get there? If not, what do you see?

If you still get the message, try shutting the iPad down by holding the lock button (the physical button on the top right side of the device) until you are prompted to "Slide to Power Off". Once powered off completely, press the same lock button to power back on and try deleting the iCloud account again.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had to completely turnoff the iPad and restart. When I did the screen came back up fully accessible with the option to Delete the iCloud account. I deleted the account but for some reason the Wi-Fi connection is not working at the office. I think I will be okay from here on out. I will try again when I get home to my connection there.

Thanks for your help. It has taken awhile but I am much further along than I was.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. That is good to hear, and explains why the device thought it was still doing a restore (you need a working Wi-Fi to finish any restore that might have been previously in progress). In any case, I agree, you should be good to go now that the old account is gone, and you know how to add the new one.

Please rate my answer using one of the smiley faces below. I'll be here all night if you have any questions when you get home. Thanks again!