Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hi! Im going to buy a new Windows 8 PC and would like to

Hi! I'm going to buy a new Windows 8 PC and would like to know if I can operate an ipod off of it. If I can do this, I'd also like to buy an ipod clock/radio alarm for use next to my bed. If I can run the ipod off of my Windows 8 PC, what kind of ipods would work best both with my PC and the clock/radio?

If I could travel back in time I'd have started out with Apple (sigh), but too much of my software is Windows.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

All Apple iPods are compatible with Windows 8. All you need is the latest iTunes application installed on the computer :

Here are some of the Clock Radios from Apple's Online Store

iHome iD95 Dual-Alarm Stereo Clock Radio :

Philips DC290 Docking Clock Radio with Remote :

iHome iD99 Triple-Charge Dual-Alarm Stereo FM Clock Radio :

All the iPod models are compatible with Windows 8. Also, all the iPods except the iPod Touch 5th Generation model are compatible with the Clock Radios listed above.

Most of the clock radios for iPods have 30 Pin Dock connector, but the latest iPod Touch 5th Generation doesn't have 30 Pin Dock Connector, but has the Lightning Connector.

So if you are getting the latest iPod Touch 5G, you have to buy the Radio Clock which is compatible with Lightning Connector.

If you are getting other iPods, then you can buy any Radio Clock that have the 30 Pin Connector.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Forgot to add, the iPod Shuffle is not compatible with Radio Clocks.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,