Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Greetings! My name isXXXXX - a 69 year old veteran

My name isXXXXX - a 69 year old veteran living in Mandurah WA.

I need to bring to Apple Store Perth my Windows Laptop and Apple iPhone 4S for iTunes uninstall & reinstall by an Apple iTunes Genius to resolve:
. Unexpected shutdowns
. Messages - 'iTunes could not sync ...' & 'Backup not successful ...'
. Bonjour problems logged on computer, and
. Other related 'niggles'

So far I have been 'bounced' from Dedicated Tech Assistance To Apple Store Perth to Expresslane and am no closer to getting an answer as to where and when I can get a 'one-to-one' with an Apple iTunes Genius.

Can YOU please assist me?

I understand I may need to enrol for a one-to-one annual subscription costing $99. I am happy to proceed with that.

I rely heavily on my iPhone for numerous medical appointment alerts and contacts, not to mention all my 'whiz bang' Apps, podcasts, music, videos, etc.

I would be able to respond to an appointment within 2 hours notice - having to travel by train from Mandurah to Perth.

My mobile, if more convenient, is 0409 370 538.

Warm regards,

John H
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I cannot make an appointment for you, you need to do that your self. This site will help with that.
Apple Retail Store Type in your zip code or use this site.
It may be the closest to you.
There is a link to arrange for one-to-one.
Your iPhone may very well have hardware issues and taking to an Apple store is a good idea.
If that is not an option then Apple will send, what they call a Happy Box, prepaid shipping. Just call this number. 1.800.275.2273

Hope that helps. And thank you for your service, I too am a Viet vet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Daniel. Much appreciated.

Regrettably, I have been away from home all afternoon, so have not been able to reply before now.

Sadly, your reply provided no solution to my problem, so, in justice, I trust there will be no further cost.

It was the Apple Retail Store in Perth that referred me to you, but, I rang them again anyway. This time I was referred to Applecare Sydney (1300 321 456), which is where I started my enquiry.

So, I have gone full circle and am no further advanced.

It seems Apple Perth have no one who is trained on Windows iTunes software. So I will start all over again on Monday and pray that I find someone who has the solution to my problem.

God bless, Daniel, and thanks for your efforts.

John H

I am somewhat surprised that they refered you to us. We are a free lance troubleshooting service and most often can help.
Hardware is not one of them, the best we can do for that is give an educated guess.
Since you are downunder the Apple store I refered you to was in Minnesota, USA.
I missread the probem, I thought it was the phone that was at fault.
This should help resolve the probem.

That may be better.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again, Daniel!

Starting iTunes in Safe Mode (as per your Link) suggests issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins.

I'm not sure what a plug-in is, but do you have a Link that details how to remove them?

Warm regards,

John H

Yes John, this is what Apple recommends doing.

A plugins change the behavior of the application it is for. Some will change the appearance or the way it functions.
Some will, as in your case, go bad and cause abnormal behavior.
The above link explains it in detail.

Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Greetings, Daniel.

Thank you for the plug-in link.

With my very limited understanding of things 'computer' it only caused further complexities and left me 'miles' away from getting any 'one-to-one assistance, as first requested, and still without a solution.

Clearly, it will be necessary to take my computer to a local hands-on IT specialist.

Thank you for your efforts to assist, Daniel.

I did send a 'Good service' rating.

God bless!

John H

Thank you John, I do appreciate it. I do hope you get it straightened out.